Sunday 9 September 2012

House of Fraser Style Challenge


Recently the House of Fraser team got in touch, inviting bloggers like myself to create an A/W look using items from their website to be in with a chance of winning £200 of vouchers [competition now closed]. I love House of Fraser and thought I’d give it a go – how hard could it be?

And the answer my friends is hard. Very hard. House of Fraser has an impressive and wide range of clothing and accessories online which made picking out only a few items very daunting indeed. And then suddenly I found the most beautiful coat on their website which I just knew I had to build my look around. Here is my entry:

 

Underneath the coat, I would wear this metallic piece of knitwear loosely tucked into this pleated skirt (minus the belt). The coat would be worn open on top of these but I would clinch it in at the waist using the belt from the skirt to emphasise my small (ish) waist. As the British weather is so unpredictable, I would wear these cheeky stockings underneath the skirt so that if it warmed up over the course of the day, they could be easily removed and kept in my handbag if needs be. I decided to toughen up the look with these leather gloves and these military style ankle boots. I loved the edginess of the gloves with the buckle detail – they would be perfect for those icy cold mornings that will soon be upon us!

My autumn/winter look is heavily inspired by Burberry Prorsum’s A/W 2012 collection which featured knee length skirts and outerwear clinched in at the waist with belts:


Whist I still adore the Burberry coat Cara Delevingne is wearing, I do honestly think that the House of Fraser one I found could give it a run for its money! Not only is it a fraction of the price, but check out that print! Breathtaking.

I picked out these items in particular as not only are they beautiful to look at, but they are also timeless pieces that will never go out of style – so well worth the investment! And if Fashion ever told me that any of my items were “out”, I simply wouldn’t listen. I would continue to wear them and love them the same.

Another great thing about this outfit is that it could be worn anywhere. It’s perfect to wear to work but wouldn’t look out of place for after work drinks. I find it’s smart and comfortable without being too formal.

Would you wear an outfit like this?

1 comment:


I am forever grateful for each and every comment I receive, and try my best to reply to them all.

If you leave a comment, I will check out your blog / Twitter and say hi in some capacity

Select "Name/URL" or "anon" from the "comment as" drop-down if you aren't visiting via a blog